“I knew I was not well. I had to take a break to catch my breath every 10 steps or so. I felt the pressure on my chest every morning….
…I started not wanting to wake up because I knew what was next…
…I was scared about what was going to happen to me. What happened to my family growing up was now happening to me.”
Paul had a 100% blocked artery and most likely would very soon suffer what is known as the “widow maker” — the most deadly of heart-attacks.
It’s a story that is, sadly, all too common. In fact, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) kill 41 MILLION people each year — that’s 71% of all deaths globally.
The saddest part? …
According to revelations from scientific research1, the vast majority of these NCDs are totally preventable, often with no medications whatsoever.
You see, almost all NCDs (most cancers, heart disease, depression, dementia, asthma and many more) are caused by chronic inflammation2 … and when you realise that, it becomes simple to avoid (and in many cases reverse) these diseases.
3 Steps to Help Heal or Avoid Chronic Inflammation (and most NCDs*)
 Avoid pro-inflammation foods (basically all junk/fast food, vegetable oils like Soy, Canola, Corn or Sunflower and anything else which is high in Omega 6, and most processed foods such as flours, sugars and pretty much anything in a box or bag!) and any other toxic or nutrient-depleting substances.
 Focus the majority of your diet around a broad variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds (as close to their natural state as possible, obviously leaving out anything that creates allergic/intolerant reactions) — ensuring to include antioxidant foods (like blueberries, spinach, raspberries, etc) and foods high in Omega 3 (or consider a fish oil supplement).
 Support your microbiome (which regulates immune responses such as inflammation3, as well as producing most of your “feel-good” neurotransmitters — particularly important for sufferers of depression and/or related disorders) with pre- and pro-biotic foods, and by avoiding excessive use of antibiotics.
So what happened to Paul?
Thankfully Paul met with a plant-based nutrition specialist and discovered these simple truths before it was too late.
After just THREE short weeks, his angina disappeared. Within one year, he lost over 19kg in excess weight and maintained the loss. He reports his energy is sky rocketing and he feels the picture of vitality and hope.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
1. “The Inflammation Syndrome” by Jack Challem.
2. “Inflammation: A Unifying Theory of Disease” (Harvard)
3. “Role of the Microbiota in Immunity and inflammation” (NIH)
4. “8 Food Ingredients That Can Cause Inflammation” (Arthritis Foundation)
5. “Foods that Fight Inflammation” (Harvard)
6. “The Impact of Diet and Lifestyle on Gut Microbiota and Human Health” (NIH)
* DISCLAIMER: Whilst clinical studies confirm the preventative nature of this approach, it is not presented as a “cure-all”. Please do your own research and consult a qualified naturopath, dietician or other healthcare professional before making any decisions that may impact your health.